Currently, the immigration process is a major concern in the United States. Federal immigration laws are designed to address issues and establish consistency and order in the process. However the fact is, these immigration laws are difficult to understand and navigate without the aid of an experienced immigration attorney. You may want to know these five pieces of helpful information regarding the immigration process in the United States:
1. Some of the most general immigration laws revolve around law enforcement. When a person is arrested, their fingerprints are automatically run through a federal database in order to determine their immigration status.
2. When you renew your driver’s license, you are also required to prove your immigration status by providing a valid social security card. State agencies are also required to E-Verify employees in order to check their immigration status. Federal laws monitor and regulate employment verification and certain paperwork is required for all businesses.
3. There are also certain laws for refugees and those seeking citizenship as well as those for processing visas and green cards. Adoptions and asylum applications also require regulation, monitoring and processing related to specific immigration laws. Some individuals may even need to apply for temporary protected status or file a battered spouse petition. The laws that revolve around these items are confusing and often produce frustrating results for those who are attempting to navigate this area of the legal system.
4. For immigrants, staying compliant with immigration laws is critical. Otherwise, serious legal consequences could develop from the situation. The best way to remain compliant is to seek legal assistance from an immigration lawyer.
5. The immigration laws are complex and have many requirements. Consulting with an experienced immigration attorney may save you time, money, and your right to remain in the United States.
If you have an immigration matter, please contact our law office to discuss your issue with an experienced immigration attorney.